The Orange Players will be hosting Acting Up! 2018, an evening of 10 Minute One Acts for unpublished works on Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20, 2018. If you are an author of an unpublished one act, we would love to work with you.
Scripts should be sent via email to TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com no later than June 30, 2018 and meet the following criteria:
- Works must be no longer than 10 minutes when performed.
- Works must consist of 2 characters or more.
- Works must be in script format.
- Works must be unpublished.
- Set pieces needed for each work must be relatively small in size – pieces that can be moved by 1 or 2 people at the most.
- Playwright must be 16 years of age or older.
- Each playwright may send up to 3 script submissions, no more than 3.
- Works must be submitted no later than June 30, 2018.
Please be aware of the following information:
Playwright/Director Meet and Greet
- The week of August 27, 2018 a meet and greet for Directors and Playwrights will be scheduled.
- Each author will have an opportunity to speak about their play for a few minutes.
- Copies of the plays will be on hand for directors to read through.
- All names will go into a hat and each director will pull out a selection and assigned to a one act.
- The directors will have 20 minutes (if needed) to swap their assigned one act with another director.
- Each director must agree to the swap o Swaps must be completed before the evening is done.
- Assigned directors and authors will have a chance to chat a bit, exchange info.
- Open auditions will be held for two nights on Tuesday, September 4 and Wednesday, September 5 at a place TBD very close to High Plains Community Center (HPCC). PLEASE NOTE: HPCC will be undergoing renovations to our rehearsal space during the summer and fall season, so we will be utilizing other schools/facilities close by for this purpose. You will be informed of the exact location, but the dates will remain the same. The performances and tech week will not be affected by these renovations and will be held at HPCC, 525 Orange Center Rd., Orange, CT, 06477.
- Playwrights may attend if they wish.
- Playwrights may not audition for their own works.
- Orange Players will provide one copy of the script to each actor and director in the one act assigned.
- Tech Rehearsal will be held October 15, 16, 17 with Dress Rehearsal on Thursday, October 18, all at 7:00 PM.
- Playwrights, directors and cast will provide their own props and costuming.
- Set pieces will be kept to a minimum.
- Set pieces must be relatively small in size – pieces that can be moved by 1 or 2 people at the most.
- There will be no special lighting for individual one acts.
- Overhead hanging microphones will be used during the performances.
- No body mics will be utilized during the performances.
Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20
Event Location: High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
Time: 8:00pm – 10:30pm
Seating: Cabaret Style
One Act submissions will be reviewed by The Orange Players One Act Committee and selected playwrights will be contacted no later than July 30, 2018. High Plains Community Center is located at 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
For additional information please contact the Orange Players at TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com.