ACTING UP! 2019
AN EVENING OF ONE ACTS
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25 & SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26
CALL FOR DIRECTORS
The Orange Players will be hosting Acting Up! 2019, an evening of ten-minute one act plays for unpublished works on Friday, October 25 and Saturday, October 26, 2019.
If you are interested in Directing for this event, we would love to work with you.
Resume and cover letter should be sent via email to TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com no later than July 15, 2019. You will be contacted no later than July 30, 2019.
Please be aware of the following information:
PLAYWRIGHT/DIRECTOR MEET AND GREET
• The week of August 26, 2019 a meet and greet for Directors and Playwrights will be scheduled.
• Each author will have an opportunity to speak about their play for a few minutes.
• Copies of the plays will be on hand for directors to read through.
• All names will go into a hat and each director will pull out a selection and assigned to a one act.
• The directors will have 20 minutes (if needed) to swap their assigned one act with another director.
• Each director must agree to the swap.
• Swaps must be completed before the evening is done.
• Assigned directors and authors will have a chance to chat a bit, exchange info.
• Open auditions will be held at High Plains Community Center for two nights, Tuesday, September 3 and Wednesday, September 4, 2019 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
• Playwrights may not audition for their own works.
• All directors will be at auditions, playwrights may attend if they wish.
• From 9:00 PM – 9:50 PM the directors will discuss and decide who gets cast in which show.
• Actors may be cast in more than one show.
• An actor may not be cast in more than two shows.
• A director may direct up to two shows.
• A director may audition for up to one show (which they are not directing).
• Directors may hold rehearsal at their homes, or the home of actors if they choose.
• Directors will determine the number of rehearsals needed for their one acts.
• Orange Players will provide one copy of the script to each actor and director in the one act assigned.
• If an actor is cast in more than one show, then the directors of those two shows must work together to plan rehearsal schedules that do not conflict.
• Tech Rehearsal will occur on October 21, 22, 23 with Dress Rehearsal on Thursday, October 24, all at 7:00pm
• Playwrights, directors and cast will provide their own props and costuming.
• Set pieces will be kept to a minimum.
• Set pieces must be relatively small in size – pieces that can be moved by 1 or 2 people at the most.
• There will be no special lighting for individual one acts.
• All actors must be off script by October 21.
• Overhead hanging microphones will be used during the technical runs and performances.
• No body mics will be utilized during tech or the performances.
Date: Friday October 25 and Saturday, October 26, 2019
Event Location: High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT 06477
Time: 8:00pm – 10:00pm
Seating: Cabaret Style
For further information, please contact TheOrangePlayers@gmail.com.